Hair loss is no longer just an issue for women, many men are also attempting to stop losing hair and gain some hair growth. Poor diet, excessive heat treatments, aging, hair products, hormonal changes, stress, and environmental variables are all factors that contribute to hair loss. As a result of all of these problems, an increasing number of people are turning to DIY hair growth serum. Homemade hair growth serums are both safe and cost-effective. It’s also quite simple to produce.
What is DIY hair growth serum?
It is a serum you made yourself at home by using numerous essential oils that have been proven to help speed up hair development and increase the volume of your locks time and time again.
Pros and cons of DIY hair growth serum
– Save money and time: Of course, if your budget is not affordable enough to go to a salon or just don’t want to wait until your turn in a crowded hairstyles store. You can produce health care products for yourself with lower cost and save your time.
– Save for your health: Definitely, because of making of 100% natural material such as coconut oil, honey, rosemary oil, lavender oil and so on.
– Time to study more about your hair: You can learn about your hair’s likes and dislikes by learning how to undertake treatments at home (deep conditioning*, hot oil, trims, and so on).
Some drawbacks still exists
– You may fail: Yes, doing your own hair serum is considerably more difficult than buying and using available products, as we all know. Also, you must practice something a few times before figuring out the right recipe and correct way or routine hair care to apply.
– Lack of ingredients: It is sometimes true when you decide to make a kind of serum with a complicated recipe with too many ingredients. And some of them can just be bought abroad. Therefore, you just skip some steps or materials that make your serum don’t work well as it is expected.
- Does Hair Growth Serum Really Work? You Must Read This!
- Is Going Back To Natural Hair Color After Bleaching Easy?
- How To Regrow Hair Natural? Start From The Simples!
- How To Twist Out On Natural Hair? Here We’ll Show You How
- Volume Hair Product Reviews – Best Items For Fine Hair
How can you make and use DIY hair growth serum?
A homemade serum that is inexpensive, simple to produce, and quite effective. Please follow these two simple steps:
– Step1: Prepare all ingredients you need, then place and combine all of the components in a spray bottle or a bottle with a dropper and shake well.
– Step 2: Cap the bottle and shake vigorously inside.
The serum now is ready to apply on your hair, these are some notices when using the serum:
– Apply the serum to your dry and clean scalp by using your fingertips.
– Cover your head with a warm cloth or cling film after massaging the scalp in circular slow strokes for at least 2 minutes.
– Apply the serum before bedtime to cure your scalp and hair overnight.
– Clean your hair, use a fragrance-free shampoo.
– Use it once a day for a few months to see whether it makes a difference.
Some popular popular DIY hair growth serum recipes
You can protect your hair and scalp from the hazardous chemicals included in most commercial hair products by making your own hair serum. Some plant-based (essential) oils that you can mix to make some of the greatest homemade hair serums are listed below. Let’s take a look!
1. DIY hair growth serum with essential oils
This DIY hair growth serum is made up of a blend of essential oils that promote hair development by making it longer and more lustrous. Massage the serum into your scalp to encourage hair growth, prevent hair loss, and improve blood circulation. Lavender oil moisturizes the scalp while also balancing sebum production. Rosemary is high in antioxidants, which can help prevent premature graying and hair loss. It also aids in the stimulation of hair follicles.
Antiseptic, antifungal, antiviral, antibacterial, and anti-infection activities abound in tea tree essential oil.
As a result, it’s ideal for any scalp problems. Exfoliating, opening clogged hair follicles, and strengthening the immune system are all benefits of this oil. Here is the recipe:
– 2 ounces of jojoba essential oil
– 5 drops of tea tree essential oil
– 2 drops essential oil of basil
– 10 drops of lavender essential oil
– 5 drops of rosemary essential oil
2. DIY castor oil hair growth serum
Because castor oil contains a lot of ricinoleic acid, it’s a fantastic ingredient for skin and hair treatments. Castor oil is high in protein and mineral content, as well as vitamin E. Its antifungal effects are also beneficial to the scalp, since they aid in the treatment of dandruff and other diseases. It can be made into one of the greatest DIY hair growth serums by combining it with essential oils. This will help your hair grow (back) longer and stronger while also giving it a gloss. Please strictly follow these steps:
– The bottle has been emptied – Preferably glass, which should be sterilized and dried before use.
– 4 tablespoons safflower essential oil – Fill the bottle to the top with the entire amount.
– 20 drops rosemary essential oil – Include it in the mix.
– 20 drops cedarwood essential oil – Include it in the mix.
– Basil essential oil, 20 drops – Mix it in with the rest of the ingredients.
– Castor oil, 4 tablespoons – Add this oil and give it a good shake.
– Water to dilute the mixture (optional).
These homemade hair development serums are good for your hair and won’t hurt your health. Feel free to create and share any other DIY hair growth serums that have worked. With these all-natural products, you can watch your hair grow smoothly and beautifully.