Women are not the ones who fight with frizzy hair. Men with wavy, kinky, or long hair also deal with frizz. What is frizzy hair? If you notice your hair sticks out or curls away from your scalp and looks so puffy. Often, dryness is the main cause of this hair issue. Unfortunately, some hair products designed for men are prone to dry out natural locks, making frizz even worse. So what to prevent frizzy hair men?
Do you know the secret to rocking a frizz-free and sleek hairstyle? Let’s look at some common tips on how to get rid of frizzy hair men and help you get the smooth mane you deserve.
What causes frizz?
There are numerous culprits causing dry and frizzy hair. After taking different surveys, we conclude that dryness, damage, and friction are the three most common causes of this hair issue. Finding out what causes the frizz is the first as well as a crucial step in getting rid of it.
Male’s hair is dry and lack of moisture. Washing hair too much or use shampoo containing harsh chemicals will dry your hair quickly. It will devoid natural oils (sebum) on the scalp, leaving dry hair. Natural oil is necessary to keep smooth and shiny hair. In fact, when your hair is too dry, it will try to absorb moisture from the air. That’s why you see your curly or kinky locks turn to frizz.
Wavy, curly, and long-haired men are likely prone to dryness. Hence, if you are experiencing men frizzy hair, limit washing your locks too often or invest good hair products.
The hair is damaged by chemicals and heat. Bleaching and dyeing contribute to damage your hair strands. Also, excessive perming and blow-drying hair also affect the hair’s cuticle, leading brittleness and breakage. And you guess – frizzy hair.
Too much friction is the last common cause of frizzy curly hair men. After showering, you use a towel and rub the hair vigorously. Stop it! If you rub your hair, it may damage the hair’s cuticle, leading frizzy. Also, a cotton pillow results in a similar effect.
The following may cause men’s dry frizzy hair
– Humidity: The hair is more prone to frizz when it is hot and humid. It’s because natural locks absorb moisture from the environment around you and swell.
– Sun exposure: You know that ultraviolet rays from the sun are not good for our hair and skin. If hair strands have prolonged exposure to the sun, it will cause discoloration and frizz.
– Chlorinated or saltwater: Water in the swimming pool or beach will dry out your hair quickly.
– Other health conditions: Thyroid disorders and other medical conditions lead to hair problems. For instance, eating disorders leads to malnutrition and bad health, making your natural hair dry and weak.
Frizzy hair solutions for men
The following options can help you control curly frizzy hair men:
Find frizzy hair men products
We mean that you should buy the right shampoo and conditioner to treat this hair issue. Go to cosmetic or drug stores near you and select shampoo for frizzy hair men. Shampoo plays an important role in hair care routine. It works to strip all dirt out of your natural locks.
What’s more, you should follow with the best conditioner for frizzy hair men after shampooing because it moisturizes and detangles hair. Opt for products including essential oils, like argan oil, coconut oil, jojoba oil, and so on.
Avoid using shampoos with harsh chemicals, sulfates, paraben, etc. they further dry out your mane. Wash the hair every 3 days, and you may notice the results after several weeks of applying. Try to follow the right recipe when washing hair.
Apply hair oils and serums
Why should you use hair oils to treat thick frizzy hair? In fact, they work to keep frizz and fly-away hairs under control. Here’re some common oils used for mane:
– Olive oil
– Coconut oil
– Argan oil
– Avocado oil
– Jojoba oil
– Castor oil
If you apply hair serum, choose the product with silicone-based. It will coat your strands and fight frizz, preventing it from damage. Most hair serums contain moisturizing ingredients, offering shiny and silk tress. Applying serum to wet hair, after washing, is the best time to get the maximum result.
Get hairstyles for men with frizzy hair
When it comes to stylish hairstyles, men easily choose the best one to play around with. How to style curly frizzy hair? You should choose a style that you can control curls effortlessly. Getting a short haircut or shaving hair is a good idea if you have frizzy curly hair men. These styles help hair strands regrow faster and cover their shortcomings.
We advise you to go to a hair salon, and hairstylists will help you choose the best haircut. They know which one suits your face shape and hair types.
Small tips to prevent dry frizzy hair men
To minimize dryness and hair frizz, you should:
– Avoid shampooing mane every day: Try shampooing your hair if you feel oily. Wash 2-3 times per week.
– Limit excessive heat: Shampoo hair with cool or lukewarm water to avoid damaging it. Minimize blow-drying and perming hair if you are dealing with frizz.
– Wear a swimming cap: This helps reduce the amount of hair that comes in contact with chlorine in the swimming pool.
– Deep condition your hair weekly: Supply moisture to your mane to avoid brittleness and frizz. You can use a conditioner even on days you don’t shampoo.
– Get regular trim: You should cut your hair every 4-6 weeks to remove split ends and reduce the appearance of wavy frizzy hair men.
That’s all about simple tips shared by experts to get rid of frizzy hair men. Try following this to-do list and share results with us. And don’t hesitate to let us know which one worked the best for you! Once you know treatments to care for your mane, all days are your good hair days.
Just a bit of effort and have a frizz-free mane.