How to choose and buying virgin hair extensions
You are having some problems with your hair. You need a virgin hair extension helping you deal with this problem, but you don’t know how to buy a proper hair extension? Tell me what your problem is! Today, I will help you in choosing and buying virgin hair extensions.
In order to choose a suitable type of virgin hair extension for yourself, you need to know a bit general hair extension knowledge. Now, I will tell you about the types of hair extension which we often use.
- They are the extension being pre-taped and then taped/glued together on either side of your own hair. To align them to the roots, you need applying tape-ins and a heated tool that heats up the glue. Moreover, you would need to have them removed (with glue remover) and then reinstalled. That is done in 40 minutes – 1hr. This method may make your hair damage, although they can be reused.
- Treatment: Be careful with using conditioners or hair products because this can make the tape to come loose or slide off. You should use special shampoo/conditioner and styling products that are less harsh and not as oily to ensure the glue sticks to your hair.
- Life-span: Tape-in hair extensions are considered semi-permanent. Before you need to remove and re-apply them, they often last 4-8 weeks. It really depends on the way you take care of!
Sew-In Virgin Hair Extensions/Weaves
- It is applied by braiding the natural hair into a cornrow, and then the extensions are attached using a needle and thread and threaded into the braid or cornrow. This type of hair is mostly used for people with thicker hair because of the way they are applied and need more hair to mask. This process usually lasts several hours, which puts a strain on the scalp, so you feel very heavy and uncomfortable. For that reason, it doesn’t work well with thin or lighter hair. You need a professional hairdresser as this method is a very technical and difficult application.
- Treatment: You need to moisturize the scalp, the nape and edges of the hair at least once a week. The weave washed with a special protein product to minimize the damage and effects of making your hair weak.
- Life-span: It is 6-8 weeks if you are trying to grow your own hair. However, you should have a weave in your hair is 4 months if you have a full weave but it will affect your real hair. So, let’s ask the hairdresser clearly before applying the weave.
Fusion & Pre-Bonded Virgin Hair Extensions
- They are bonded to natural hair using different adhesives such as glue. The hairdresser uses a machine that looks like a hot glue gun to glues the hair to individual strands of the natural hair in approximately 3-4 hours. In fact, this method is very damaging to your natural hair. Thus, it isn’t suitable for all customers.
- Treatment: Taking care of fashion virgin hair extension is the same way you care for your real hair. Every 2–3 months they need re-positioning since the natural hair grows.
- Life-span: The maximum amount of time is 4 months or depends on your own hair type/growth.
Micro-Link Virgin Hair Extensions
- They are also known as microbead or micro- loop hair extensions. They are applied by looping the extensions through the natural hair, are clamped down and fixed to small sections of natural hair and tightened with a special tool/clamp, heat, and a metal bead (or ring). You can take approximately 3 hours to apply this method. (Note: This method can damage your hair.)
- Treatment: Washing them is the same way you do with your real hair and can use the same styling products. After 2-3 months, you need re-position them because the natural hair grows and the micro-beads move away from the scalp.
- Life-span: 4 months.
- With long full wigs, they are made to cover your entire head, but it is not blended with your own hair. Depending on the purpose of using(like if your hair is too short or if you are balding and cannot incorporate your own hair), the hair pieces have many different shapes(bun, ponytail or hair tie). The material of hair pieces is usually lace or silk. Two popular hair pieces the customer often use are frontal and closure.
- Treatment: The full headpieces are usually attached to either a plastic or other material (which it is sewn onto), so you wash them carefully and have different treatment from other types of hair extension.
- Life-span: Normally, real human full wigs can last for up to one year if you take good care of them and the smaller pieces are usually synthetic and don’t last more than one month of use.
- They come in a strand of contoured pieces, some long, and some can be cut shorter, with clips that are sewn into the strand. The clips are sewn-into the hair before receiving them and it is easy to simply “clip” the pieces to your natural hair. You only take 5-15 minutes to apply them. It’s one of the most popular hair extension methods because it completely doesn’t make your hair damaged.
- Treatment: Just like your natural hair, you simply brush, shampoo and condition the hair and then let them air dry naturally, especially can dye and style if you want!
- Life-span: From 6 months to 1 year or more than a year with proper care and regular wear.
Now, do you find yourself the proper virgin hair extensions? Another problem is the way how to find real and good hair extensions suppliers. I will suggest to you that a real and good hair extension suppliers many customers believe and use is Layla hair. Layla hair is ‘the hair extension world’. Each of our product supply with all necessary information. And we’re always ready to consult to help you buy the most suitable hair extension.
Thank you very much for your concern!