Black seed oil is a good type of essential oils, cleansing oils, and skin oils. Also, it is used as a natural hair treatment to treat thinning hair and improve hair growth. Even if you have any scalp-related issues, such as an itchy scalp, dandruff, this oil can deal with them. In this post, Layla will specify whether black seed oil for hair is beneficial, if it is, how to apply it for the maximum results. Let’s see!
What is black seed oil?
Black seeds are tiny colored black seeds that are collected from a flowering plant. They are often found in Western Asia, Eastern Europe, and Northern Africa. After collected, the seeds are pressed and turn into oil form. The oil is also known by other names, like nigella sativa, black caraway, and black cumin seed oil.
According to researches, black seed oil benefits to medicine and cuisine. For example, it has antioxidant properties that can help lessen inflammation amazingly.
Plus, pure black seed oil works effectively for your tresses. It is 100% natural, unrefined, and cold-pressed; hence, it boosts hair regrow in thinning areas as well as kills fungal infections, removing dandruff and other related issues.
Benefits of black seed oil for hair
Is black seed oil good for hair?
What is black seed oil good for?
Finding out and scanning through black seed oil reviews, you may notice that this oil is a good treatment for natural locks. Yup, you heard it right. Not only encourage hair growth, it also reduces sensitivity and dandruff in your scalp.
Stop blaming your hair conditions for anxiety or genetics, it would be better if you find a treatment to help you solve them. Let’s see what black seed oil benefits for hair.
Address dandruff and maintain scalp health
A 2016 review showed that black cumin seed oil is an ideal ingredient for maintaining healthy skin. It has good antioxidant and antibacterial properties.
Hence, when you apply the oil to the hair, it will kill viruses and fungal infections, reduce flakiness and other scalp problems. Experts recommend you match it with a carrier oil, such as coconut or olive oil because its own is quite strong.
Aid in hair growth
Black seed contains a high content of thymoquinone – a powerful antihistamine that is prescribed for those who are experiencing alopecia or hair loss. It acts to make hair soft, healthy while stimulating hair to regrow in certain thinning hair areas. Apply black seed oil for hair loss, you will have a chance to enjoy long and thick hair every day.
Ward off premature gray hair
What about black seed oil for grey hair? Gray hair is part of the aging process, but premature hair graying a problem. The black seed oil contains linoleic acid that strengthens hair strands and prevents premature grey hair.
Treat ingrown hair
According to black seed oil for hair reviews on the Internet, we notice that it help with hair grows back into the skin. When ingrown hair appears, it causes irritation, leading to itchy, swelling, and inflammation. As we stated, this oil has antioxidant and antibacterial properties that soothe inflammation effectively, preventing ingrown hair.
How to use black seed oil for hair
Here is a DIY concoction with black seed oil that can be easily made at home. You have to prepare these ingredients:
– 1 tablespoon (tbsp)of black seed oil
– 1 tbsp of carrier oil (coconut or olive oil)
Now, start to create your own hair treatment. How to use black seed oil? You mix black seed oil and carrier oil in an equal ratio in a plastic container. You can use any carrier oil that you like, such as coconut oil. Mix them well to create a perfect mixture. Then you pour the mix into your hair, and massage it into your scalp in circular motions. You should focus more on thinning hair areas. Let it sit for around 20-30 minutes and rinse it thoroughly. You should repeat this process at least twice a week to achieve a hydrated, soft, and glossy hair look.
Products of black seed oil for hair
After spending hours finding out about black seed oil uses and benefits, we’ve concluded on some of the top-pick products out there today.
– CHI Luxury Black Seed Dry Oil: This dry oil is utilized as a finisher that leaves shiny hair and controls frizz effectively. It’s lightweight and adds shine without greasing it down. Plus, it smells so good.
– Amazing Herbs Cold-Pressed Black Seed Oil: This item is made of organic black caraway seeds. Its flavor is spicy and pungent. Its capsules are consumed orally twice per day. Besides the benefits of hair, it is useful for weight loss and blood pressure.
– WOW Onion Black Seed Hair Oil: Don’t let its sounds scare you, it does not smell like onions. It is a perfect blend of black seed oil, almond, castor, olive, and coconut oils. It is non-sticky and non-greasy oil. For enhancing hair growth, you should massage the oil vigorously onto the scalp for 10 minutes. You should use it twice a week for the best results.
– Revlon Realistic Black Seed Oil Strengthening Butter Créme Leave-in Conditioner
– Dabur Vatika Naturals Black Seed Deep Conditioning Hair Mask
– CHI Luxury Black Seed Intense Repair Hot Oil Treatment
– Natural Black Seed and Carrot Rosemary Hair Growth Oil
Black seed oil is safe to utilize as a homemade treatment for hair and scalp issues.
To sum up, the benefits of black seed oil for hair are too clear. It will work incredibly to give your soft and shiny hair back if you know how to use it properly. Packaged with antioxidants, it will nourish your hair strands, treating hair fall, improving hair regrowth and scalp health.
In some cases, if you are considering applying or consuming black seed oil products for your natural locks, please consult your doctors first. They will help you choose the best one for improving your mane.
Hope you have all nice hair days!