It is no secret that hair loss happens in both men and women. It influences someone’s confidence and appearance. The purpose of this article is to help you know more about the characteristics and cures to treat receding hairline.
Receding hairline men is more common than in women. It is considered the first sign of baldness. There are many factors causing this hair problem, such as aging, health problems, etc. Also, there are numerous treatments, including short and long-term methods, to help many people. A receding hairline shows some distinct symptoms, keep reading to check it out.
How Do You Know If You Are Suffering From Receding Hairline?
There is no exact pattern that receding hairline women and men follow. Still, you can notice it by some common symptoms, for example, you lose too much hair for a long time. It is a common fact that people lose dozens of hair strands every day. Or when someone age, this hair problem happens as a normal fact. To know if you are experiencing this problem or not, take a picture of the hairline and compare it with older photos. Then, you are able to know whether your hairline gets thinning or it is just your imagining things.
Receding hairline stages usually progresses in slightly distinct steps. Some only experience hair loss at the hairline, while others have a receding hairline, resulting in complete baldness. The first sign of is that your hair appears unevenly on your head, and develops into M shape in men and V shape in women. The second one is the hair falling down and leaving balding spots. These signs will grow and create larger balding spots.
How to tell if your hairline is receding, here are fast facts of this problem:
– For men, this hair problem can start after the end of puberty. And it becomes clear when they are in their late 30s.
– The hairline starts getting thinning just above the temples.
– It appears in an M-shape in men and V-shape in women. This V-shape is called a “widow’s peak.”
What Causes Receding Hairline?
There are about 100,000 hair strands on the scalp that grows from follicles beneath the skin’s surface. If the follicles are damaged, it may result in receding hairline.
– Age: The number may surprise you. Up to 80% of European men experience receding hairline when they are 80 years old. It is an unavoidable part of aging.
– Hormonal changes: The change in the amount of hormone can be the main trigger for hair loss in all. The production of DHT hormone makes follicles to shrink, affecting hair growth. The hair will be weaker and fall out, no new strands replace.
– Genetics: People, especially men, are at high risk of receding hairline of your family members experiencing this issue. Remember that your hairline may even follow a similar pattern to the previous generation.
– Medical treatments: As we all know, some medical procedures such as chemotherapy lead to hair loss. It is the unwanted effects of the treatments, so you can tell your doctor to tackle with it.
– Stress: People usually suffer from unexpected shedding when they are stressed. Your hairline is getting thinner and thinner. Luckily, it can reverse itself without fixing it.
– Lifestyle choices: There is a link between your lifestyle and thinning hairline. You smoke, it can lead to hair and health problems. Experts say that men who smoke experience hair problems faster than others who don’t. Your eating habit also affects; hence, make sure that you get enough protein in your diets.
How To Fix Receding Hairline
People can take finasteride, dutasteride, or minoxidil (Rogaine) to improve their hair condition. These products are designed to slow the rate of hair loss. What’s more, it stimulates hair growth. You have to use drugs continuously since if you stop taking it, these effects will wear off. The receding hairline will return. Plus, It is contraindicated in women with pregnancy.
This receding hairline treatment is used widely as it is simple. You apply topical herbal preparations to support your natural locks to grow faster and stronger. Use products that contain aloe vera, ginseng, and other natural ingredients. It would better if you mix these herbs with a carrier oil solution to form a conditioner to leave on your head.
Follow a balanced diet
What is a healthy diet? It supplies enough vitamins, proteins, and minerals (iron, zinc). Besides, a diet with high antioxidants contributes to keeping your hair look healthier. Eat blueberries, beans, walnuts, meat, etc.
How to stop receding hairline? It works better for your mane and health. Scalp massage helps your natural locks grow thicker and healthier as well as lower your stress. Spend four minutes each day to massage your scalp, you can notice the effect.
Laser therapy and hair transplantations
Many people choose surgical solutions to reverse receding hairline. Doctors will move strong hair from the back of the head to the hairline. The procedure gives your hairline a thicker hair look. After that, the hair will continue to grow normally in the transplanted area.
Not mentioning to purchase shampoos, hair care products, this treatment helps you reach the fuller hair in the shortest time. Simply apply a toupee or topper on your head, adjust so that it fits your head perfectly. Finished! Meanwhile, a human hairpiece can last from 6 to a year if you take good care of it. Keep the hair clean, wear it properly, and maintain it carefully. Let’s Layla Hair help you regain your dreamed hair. Come to us and choose the right hair.
Additionally, opt for suitable hairstyles for receding hairline can help people hide defects on their heads.
Above are all that Layla wants to share about receding hairline. Is my hairline receding? We hope you can control your hair condition well after reading this post.
Suffering from this symptom, follow these expert guides to tackle it as soon as possible. You want to get more information about hairpieces or haircuts for receding hairline, feel free to reach us at any time.