You have a sound sleep after a scalp massage session. Well, scalp massage is a great way to relax your mind. But its advantages are not limited to relaxation and rejuvenation. Scalp massage works to boost blood flow to hair follicles, offering hair thickness. Let Layla take a look at scientific evidence around scalp massage for hair growth and the right method to do it.
What is a scalp massage?
Hair fall is one of the most common problems faced by both men and women across the globe. Most people opt for chemical and surgical solutions to improve their hair.
Honestly, there are some treatments you can do at home. And scalp massage may be a secret to have beautiful and thick hair.
According to research, scalp massage promotes hair growth, drains toxins from the brain, and makes hair thick and strong. Often, this technique focuses on stimulating some exact pressure points in your head that affect your body’s different functions. You can do it with or without essential oil, opt for the method you prefer.
Head massage uses fingers and special tools to do. Just put a light or medium pressure into your head, so it helps reduce headache relief and tension. Besides, it is a common practice for those with hair loss or thinning hair, since it can offer them innumerable hair benefits.
Benefits of scalp massage
– Relaxation: First off, massage helps improve energy levels as well as overall physical and mental well-being. It is a great way to relax your mind. If you are under pressure, try scalp or body massage. It will relieve tension that is known to trigger hair fall and thinning hair.
– Hair growth: Scanning through reviews, we notice that scalp massage gives you thicker and more voluminous hair. When you massage, it increases blood and nutrients flow to all hair follicles, encouraging hair to grow. It also stretches the cells of hair follicles, producing thicker strands. A study showed that participants had improvement in hair after massaging scalp every day for 6 months.
– Reduce hair loss: Scalp massage works to reduce excessive hair loss, as well. Keep massaging your scalp every day, 1-3 times per day, people with alopecia are able to regrow their hair strands. Many studies said that it strengthens follicles and enhances hair health.
How to massage the scalp for stimulating hair growth
You are experiencing thinning hair or hair loss, our guide on how to massage your scalp for hair growth to become healthy-haired girls.
Traditional massage scalp by fingertips
First, seat yourself in a comfortable position in front of the mirror. Then comb out your mane to get rid of all knots and tangles.
To give yourself a fingertip massage, you use medium pressure to massage some points, such as the top of your head, behind the ears, etc. Massage your scalp in circular motions. How long to massage scalp for hair growth? Spend 5 minutes to do this, and twice per day is perfect.
If you are unsure about your skill, visit a licensed massage therapist. They are well-trained to give you the hair results in your desire. The cost of the massage depends on the length of the process.
Oil scalp massage for hair growth
Essential oils are necessary for hair growth and development. Also, they work to regulate sebum production and aid dandruff. Hence, apply the oil when massaging will benefit your scalp and natural locks. Choose an essential oil that contains raw ingredients, helping combat to hair issues. Here’re some options for the best oil for scalp massage hair growth:
– Tea tree oil
– Ylang-ylang oil
– Peppermint oil
– Rose oil
How to massage scalp for hair growth with essential oil:
– Firstly, mix your essential oil with a carrier oil (coconut oil, olive oil, etc.)
– Place the mix in an oven and warm it.
– Gently rub the oil straight to your hair roots and scalp. Massage it in and move your fingertips in circular motions. Give it time for about 30 minutes or an hour so that it soaks into the scalp.
– Rinse off the oil and shampoo your mane. Repeat this technique, and you may notice that your hair gets thicker and more lustrous.
Once you’ve done massaging the scalp, use the oil to moisturize the ends of your natural locks. You should cover your hair in oil to keep them hydrated and prevent dryness.
Scalp massage brush for hair growth
Combine massage and brush hair is an exciting idea to help you get a fuller hair look. There is a number of special tools available that you can use for head massage. Therapists and dermatologists recommend electric brushes and scalp massagers. They work on your head like the method you use your fingers.
For example, you should slowly move the scalp massager up and down and rotate it in small circular motions. Make sure that the tool reaches all areas on your scalp, including the crown and sides of your head. This may be the best way to massage scalp for hair growth. You can ask your friends or somebody else at home to help. Please gently massage for the best results.
In addition, you can give yourself a scalp massage when washing. How to massage your scalp for hair growth? Just rub and massage the shampoo or conditioner into your curls for 3-5 minutes, then rinse it away.
All these scalp massage techniques improve your scalp’s health and the strength of your hair follicles. Always make sure that you wash your mane with a natural shampoo that’s safe for your mane and prevents hair loss.
All in all
Scalp massage for hair growth is good as it gives hair thickness and alleviates other scalp issues. Hope you will try these simple and effective techniques and experience the difference for yourself. Pamper your hair and mind by massaging every day to achieve the best results. However, ensure that you do it slowly and gently, don’t pull your strands and rub too vigorously.